Library Assistant needed @ the Alexander Doyle Public Library in Mabou
Are you passionate about books? Do you enjoy helping people learn, be creative, or solve problems? Do you want to get more children and teens reading? If so, the Library has the perfect part-time job for you! We need a community-oriented person to work part-time (regular 20hrs per week) at the Alexander Doyle Library located in the Allan J. MacEachen International Academic & Cultural Centre along with Dalbrae Academy.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
· Responsible for the provision of community library service through the promotion of library services, the circulation of library materials and assistance in the use of library resources.
· Responsible for planning and offering library programming to all sectors of the community with a special emphasize on programs for children and teens.
· A valid Nova Scotia driver’s license
· Minimum Nova Scotia Grade 12 or equivalent
· Excellent computer skills
This position is permanent part-time, with a minimum 20 hrs per week. Hours of work may include evenings, and Saturdays. There is a strong possibility of additional hours based on Library needs. Once the probationary period is completed a successful applicant will be eligible for our health plan, which includes medical and dental.
Posted: June 24, 2016
Closing date: July 8th, 2016
Job Classification:Library Assistant Level 1
Reports to:CEO/Chief Librarian
Only those applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Eastern Counties Regional Library reserves the right to withdraw the competition if a suitable candidate cannot be found. Please submit a cover letter stating your qualifications and interest in the position with a resume and three work references to:
Eastern Counties Regional Library
P. O. Bag 2500, Mulgrave, NS B0E 2G0 FAX: 747-2500